Applied Research Summer Intern
, The Hershey Company
, Digital Innovation Lab, Pennsylvania (June 2019 – Present)
- Developing a basket prediction model using flavor information of items in the basket, with the goal of increasing sales by targeting certain baskets and gaining intuition on flavor combinations useful for product development.
- Utilizing Python (Keras) for model implementation.
- Devised a predictive maintenance model using motor acceleration time series data. Employed LSTM in an anomaly detection perspective. Sent different levels of warnings for maintenance request, especially predicting imminent motor fault at least 13 hours prior.
Intern, Unified Search Team
, Seongnam, South Korea (Jan 2018 – Mar 2018)
- Developed and wrote a paper on a click model that predicts user click behavior, given search query and corresponding search engine results page.
- Applied Generative Adversarial Network to precisely replicate real user behavior, especially incorporating sequential GAN, conditional GAN, and reinforcement learning, using Python (TensorFlow).
, Data Mining Lab
, Seoul National University (Nov 2016 – Aug 2017)
Advisor: Professor U Kang
- Built a time series data based stock price prediction project using deep learning. Modeled a neural network model that makes long term predictions on stock price fluctuation. Achieved up to 70.64% precision.
- Researched on neural network coupled matrix factorization (first author), and feature learning in signed directed networks (third author). Both papers were submitted, and SIDE: Feature Learning in Signed Directed Networks was accepted to WWW’18.
- Utilized Python (TensorFlow, NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn) for all implementations.
, Software Platform Lab
, Seoul National University (Jul 2016 – Aug 2016)
Advisor: Professor Byung-Gon Chun
- Implemented a deep learning framework of Dolphin, a machine learning platform built on top of Apache REEF.
- Used Java to build layers needed in neural networks and test benches.
, Care Rights
, Seoul, South Korea (Aug 2015 – Aug 2016)
Supervisor: Professor Sooyeon Han
- Care Rights is a United Nations DPI/NGO(ECOSOC) nonprofit organization working for older person’s human rights.
- Contributed to legalizing “Act on Decisions on Life-Sustaining Treatment for Patients in Hospice and Palliative Care or at the End of Life” (Act No. 14013).
- Wrote and translated official documents in English, Korean and contributed to thesis writing.